Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Gotta Keep Movin'

This weekend I went on a road-trip with my college friends to Ruidoso and White Sands, New Mexico.

There are some beautiful places here in the United States, even on this side of the map. I love the mountains. I love everything about them. Nothing can compare to the fresh air and natural atmosphere. 5 people from our usual gang made the journey, and we camped outside and explored and hiked and cooked s'mores.

I think that everyone had a good time and can't complain about how it all turned out.

Here are a few pictures from the adventure:






On the Road

White Sands


Before

After


I love that these people are my friends. The group just fits now. I used to write often about how sometimes I felt like it was missing something, and it is-- but I realize that those things come with time and you can't dwell on that.

I hope for something epic next, like Colorado. We'll see.

On the way to New Mexico, there were just two of us to start. We played MASH to make the time pass. You know the game you played as kids where you map out your future based on chance? Great game. 5 hour trip. It's too bad we bitched and bickered like an old couple once we got there because it was getting dark and he's a man who only needs matches to camp and I'm a woman who thinks logically about necessary items such as a flashlight, or a cooler. We did eventually calm down and just talked in the dark tent while we waited. But that included him asking me why everyone thinks he's so judgmental. If the others hadn't gotten there, I am pretty sure one of us would have killed the other. Regardless, it was funny in retrospect.

ALSO. 2 weeks ago I went to atx for the Austin City Limits Music Festival (ACL). It was amazing. I fell in love with a few new bands, saw a ton of hippies and re-enforced my love for bands I liked pre-festival. Pictures are the best way to show this one--















2 comments:

Shambhu said...

Awesome pictures! (except for the man-panties one, yeeeeech!) The white sands look like snow...
Did you do the fiery one with photoshop?

Em said...

haha that look is so attractive! haha just kidding, he was the strangest character I saw at the whole festival. I did do the fiery picture with photoshop, it took me about of just staring at the screen and thinking to figure out how. haha