Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ring Around the Rosie

I have found some extensions to my post about print and blogging-- the one here.

AdAge posted an article about the FTC's new endorsement rules, and it affects bloggers.

I understand why they are doing it, but if you read the end of the article where it says:

"Can I still give product to traditional outlets such as radio, newspapers and magazines?
Yes.

Why?
Ask the FTC"


Clearly they see the blogosphere as something inherently more powerful than traditional media. WHY? Are bloggers really that much more influential that a newspaper or radio personality touting their experience with products they were given by the brands to try and endorse? I know when I hear the voice of the FAT FAT DJ on the radio telling me to try some weight-loss pill even though I cannot see the results for myself, I totally believe it! HA!

ohhh boy.

In other news. When I was in college, every fall we would try to go to the corn field maze. Check out the site here at The Maize. AND THE MAZE IS AMAZING THIS YEAR!!!

via The Maize

Then I found an article about a corn maze in Massachusetts that did theirs with Stewie and Brian from Family Guy!! Check it out here

3 comments:

Geena said...

Bloggers totally have the power nowadays. It's all about getting back to the "grassroots," whatever the hell that could mean. I think that's why Etsy does as well as it does. It's the feeling of connecting with real people.

Unknown said...

Recently, I liked the game
RS Gold at http://www.rsgoldfast.com/ recommend it to you!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.