Monday, November 12, 2007

A Regular Rockefeller

Today I walked home from class, and it was the most beautiful atmosphere I've walked through in Lubbock in a long time. The leaves were blowing from the trees toward me as I walked, the sun was setting and the weather was cool and perfect. The perfect college fall day.

I've been pushing myself harder than I ever have throughout college and I think my grades will be the lowest they've ever been.

I have been worked and worked these past few weeks. News interviews every single day, rushing to meet the deadlines, studying for exams, and working on this stupid Media Plan that I barely understand.

exhaustion.

I know I must look tired, but sometimes I get tired of being asked if I'm OK. One of my roommates is so motherly and so worried about everyone all the time, and I love her for it. At the same time, sometimes I want to scream things like "I came to college to get away from my mother!" or "Why don't you just let me be upset and stop trying to fix things!?!" Luckily I don't. When I'm cooking, I cook to take my mind off the other things I should be doing, so I really don't need anyone coming in to the kitchen trying to do it for me, or take over. I know her heart is in the right place. The thing is, if she would just relax and stop trying to fix things, maybe she could sleep better at night.

I'm ready to go home for some family time. I haven't been home at all this semester and am quite excited.

My brother has some girl after him and I have to go home and be protective haha.

I finished taking some portraits for a class this weekend. They turned out fabulous. I'm going to post a few when I get them printed from the slides. :)

Bedtime

1 comment:

Kris said...

Thanks!

Hang in there, it's almost Thanksgiving :)

Want to hit some antique stores this weeked, maybe some new thrift stores?