Monday, March 31, 2008

If You Don't Stop and Take a Look Around Once In a While, You Might Miss It.


It's been a bit since I've updated. It's been a bit busy.

I find myself in a place I haven't been in a long while. One of those, can't stop smiling moods.

A few days ago, B asked me with him. He's easily the most gentle, kind, and attentive person I've ever been with.

So this weekend was really great.

Wednesday night was B's 21st birthday, so we went to Chimmy's, a bar that everyone that isn't of age can't wait to go to. We had a few margaritas and a good time.

Thursday night a few of us went and played tennis and Ultimate Frisbee with some friends of my old roommates. That was really a lot of fun. It felt so good to be exhausted from so much physical activity.

Friday night I watched Enchanted with my roommates and their friend J came into town and stayed the weekend. Later that night B came over and spent the night. I had a lot of trouble going to sleep. There is something about having someone sleep in the same bed as you when you haven't for a long time that takes getting used to. It'll There were points when I just wanted to roll over and sleep on my side of the bed without being touched. What an idiotic feeling. And just when I get to a point where I'm not in that shitty 'half sleep' anymore

Saturday after we woke up we went to lunch and went back to his place and played Rock Band for far too long. Afterward B took me to see 21--good movie! Then he took me to dinner and later that night we got dressed and went to a bar that was having a Jazz jam session. The Duke Ellington Band had a concert last night, and had an open jam session afterward at this place. It was cute and romantic and I loved it. The music was phenomenal. It was the kind of atmosphere where you can completely relax next to someone and enjoy the music. We got there late so we only got to listen for about an hour, but it was worth it. When he reaches for my hand and squeezes it lightly, my heart jumps. We went home after that and I stayed as his place. Same sleeping problem, but it's OK.

Woke up today around 1 or so, and went home. I have a lot of work to do this week that I've been neglecting. It's gonna be a rough one, but something tells me I won't mind.

I love the beginning of relationships. There's an innocence and a passion in it that you don't get from anything else in the world.

1 comment:

Shambhu said...

Hello,
I'm not dead, I've just been incredibly busy. Congratulations!!! I'm glad things have taken the turn with B that you hoped for. I agree with you, nothing can match the euphoria of a new relationship in the spring time, especially if one is in their early twenties. Enjoy!