Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Toot Sweets

I used to have this thing, when I would drink I would socially seclude myself, usually sitting alone outside or locking myself in a room.
It was nothing personal to those I loved, I just get so easily annoyed/bothered by others when I'm drunk and I aim to avoid being unjustifiably angry with people.

But it seems, lately, I don't do that as much anymore. I can't figure out whether it's because everyone I hang out with actually drinks now, or because I'm just in a different personal and emotional state at present.

Instead, I've gotten to be increasingly affectionate when I've been drinking.

When I first got back home I was feeling extremely confident about myself. When I'm in the DFW I get hit on in bars, I go on dates, I actually get complimented on my style and the way I hold myself. So coming back to school, I was filled with the air and readiness to go out and meet someone. And I did, for a while. But then I realized, I'm back here, in this stupid fucking town where no one hits on you, the only way you meet people is is if you're in a frat or sorority, and there are so many girls to choose from that most girls actually end up getting screwed over.

I realize, I hate going home because of the restrictions there with my family, but I love going home because I feel so comfortable in my own skin, I can do anything! I can't figure out why I let myself feel so degraded and worthless in this setting at school.

Anyway. Whatever.

The weird story I was going to get down in here? I went to the gay bar with C about a month ago and had way too many drinks and ended up meeting some guy that I went to elementary school who bought me shots. We ended up dancing for like 45 minutes and THEN making out. He told me he was 'bi' but I'm sorry I don't believe that shit. gay. I was SO drunk, C had to actually tell me the next day that I did this. How embarrassing/stupid of me. Never saw that guy again, but damn. Almost as retarded as I was in Vegas. I must have really needed a night out.

Living in the new apt has been fun so far, even though we have little to no time to decorate/get it all set up.

No comments: