Thursday, February 26, 2009

Advantages.

Let me tell you why the internet is one of the most amazing things to happen to humanity.

When my mother was my age, if you wanted to know something instantly, something obscure-- do you use the traditional media??? Think about it. It's the progress of communication. Writing letters that were delivered on horseback, reading huge volumes of books in the library, the postal service, mail traveling on boats...etc. You have newspapers, television, magazines, and telephones with which to get your information. BUT the Internet. Is. Instant. (Same goes for cell phones).

I was watching a rerun of Conan O'Brien tonight, and Seth Green was one of the guests.
He was telling one of those lame boring celebrity anecdotes. I guess that's all they do on late shows, that and promote their newest project. Anyway he was telling about an encounter with Jack White, and said that JW asked him "aren't you the cha-ching guy?"

I thought to myself, "hmma...what is that from?"

Unable to place it, I youtubed it and came up with this;




Wow. haha. Regardless of the serious hilarity here, my point.

I'm able to find out anything about any one, any event, any location, ANYTHING instantly!! Vast amounts of knowledge, at my fingertips. THRILLING.

No comments: