Friday, February 20, 2009

Quicksand

Currently Listening to: Crying in the Chapel- Elvis Presley

So my friend G and I have started a photo blog. Soon I will post the link here when we get it really up and running. 

The above is picture is the first one I've posted there. I figured the photos could include artwork or things that I'm working on. The background is an actual photo I took, altered slightly. It was just some cheap work in InDesign, but I was feeling simplistic.

I mentioned in a previous entry that I was upset that I was unable to remember the things I wanted to blog about. I've taken to writing myself little notes. 

The other day I was sitting in my room, which is just my little personal corner. In this room I can close the door and enjoy an atmosphere I worked hard to create, and I've never felt more comfortable in a living space. I live on the second floor of a great little apartment with spiral staircases to our door. There are trees everywhere in this small courtyard containing a pool. Everything I could ask for in an apartment here. Here, let's get you visually involved. 



West Texas Sunsets. Shade Trees. It's great. 

My room--it's just a vision I've slowly put together over time. I've a handmade quilt, a hanging lamp that I got for $10!! Frames filled with Black and white versions of some of my favorite shots that I've taken, posters, a desk with my iMac desktop on it, a canvas art piece I created this summer, and this really great dark wicker chair I got at Pier 1 for $15, originally $150 but it had small damage. I've talked about this HERE. I have a walk-in closet where I store my many, many pairs of shoes and clothing. Here:




I sit in this chair, it's early afternoon, so the sunlight is pouring in at just the right angle. I was drinking tea out of on of my favorite glasses (more of a tumbler) from a set of my Great-Grandmother originally had. I remember visited her house as a child and drinking sweet tea from these direct from the 70s,  cream and pistachio colored glasses. I was just thinking how special the glasses were to me. Heritage. AND They are totally me. 

I began thinking about what I am going to do with my life, as I often do these days with graduation coming up. And I thought-- my surroundings are a demonstration of my creativity. Along with the memories I've gathered (and preserved), and the ideas that come from them. I thought about my memory, and how I know it will someday falter. So I decided, I would begin writing about things, soaking up the details-- to help cultivate more creativity in the future. And if I keep a good record, who knows. Publishing autobiographical essay collection is very in these days. 

And here we are. So expect something better. You know. 

shitlist for February (an addition):

One of the girls in my ad campaigns class. HOW dare you aspire to work in advertising when about %40 of your dialogue is consumed by the word "like". Great job, professional. Good luck in your interviews. I'm sorry. Ugh. 



No comments: