Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Get'cha Head in the Game



As I live and breathe! Sometimes I want to jump in.




At work right now-- filling in at the front desk. I am Pam.


My mother's boss brought in her 7 year old grandaughter today-- who just happens to be my mother's brother's daughter, or my cousin. She is sitting next to me, ipod buds in her ears, singing along to The High School musical soundtrack. Love it. I also like the idea that maybe she'll like music just as much as I do.


Today has been quite an adventure already today. My position at work is basically this: do anything and everything that is asked of my and get paid for it, which today means going out to Janice's car and retrieving her phone from the depths of the seat. IT WAS SO DIFFICULT. not. even. kidding. It was in a hole. a hole that if you wanted to stick the cell phone in it on purpose, there is no way in hell you could do it. But if it is dropped- RIGHT INTO THE HOLE. There is now little to no skin on the knuckles of my right hand, but I totally saved the phone! whoo.


Also- the storm of the century is in progress right outside this office building. Correction: just ended.


I would like more than anything to leave right this very second and go home to my bed.



*last night we watched a Law and Order:Criminal Intent that highlighted the murder of a secretly gay fireman. Some people had a lot of jokes and insults to contribute, and I had to get up and leave. Things really change when you find out 2 of your best friends are gay... things like that usually just aren't funny to me anymore. I used to laugh because it was simply funny. I am struggling quite a bit with my religion and the conflicts that come with that. I just don't understand how some people that share my faith can hate a particular group of people so much. God loves everyone. Regardless of whether or not I believe something is right- I have no place to hurt someone because of the way they are. It would be like not associating with anyone that lies. Ridiculous. It all confuses me and really makes me a 'Doubting Thomas' of sorts.





If you don't own Doubting Thomas by Nickel Creek get it.

Sometimes I wonder why I keep on truckin'. Or why they insist you do so.

No comments: