Monday, May 28, 2007

On a Rainy Monday


What happens when your typical routine no longer fits the kind of person you've become?


being home from college for the second and last summer, I realize that I am a much different person than I was in high school. I sit around with my friends--the ones I've known since Sophomore year; doing the same old thing we used to do isn't really the same old thing.


Sure it's fun and entertaining enough, but at the same time I can't enjoy myself because something in the back of my mind is bored and detests the idea of settling.


Half of me thinks I'll continue to do these things simply because I know these girls and I truly are still friends and we just don't have enough time together to know anything else than who we were in high school. I don't want to lose that. Yet, if I were to refrain from the actions that have stopped satisfying me, I know they wouldn't mind.


I guess it's natural to get to a point where you feel like only a few people know and love the real you. But when do the identities of those few people become solid and undisputed?


I wish I knew what song it was that says:



lose one friend steal another


No comments: