Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Eyes Seal Shut in a Slumber

My absolute song of the moment :
New Drink for the Old Drunk- Crooked Fingers.

If you haven't heard it, get to listening.




I've always been better with print words. text. If I really sit down and think about something I want to write, it's fairly easy for me to write it well.

This is why I love advertising. Beauty and simplicity in words: I'm good with them. But then when I talk... it's harder. That's what a good ad does. It conveys a certain beauty through it simplicity. Don't try to con someone with a typical sell. You can't do it. The customer knows when you are lying. So use the truth and convey it in a way to draw the response that benefits the brand.

Find the simple story in the product and present it in an articulate, intelligent, and
persuasive way.
-Bill Bernbach, DDB


Simplicity is all. Simple logic, simple arguments, simple visual images. It you can’t
reduce your argument to a few crisp words and phrases, there’s something wrong with
your argument. There is nothing long-winded about ‘Liberty, Equality, Fraternity.’
-Maurice Saatchi, Saatchi & Saatchi


I took this strengths quest thing for free from Texas Tech, and one of the big things was 'You should think about writing a novel'. Gross. But kind of a cool thought.

No comments: