Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I've a Smile on My Face

I am utterly and completely happy right now.
Please God let this feeling linger for a few days.

My friend HB came home from Tokyo and she, J, and I went to the dollar movie on 50 cent night. We saw twp movies! whoo I love being cheap!

Saw Disturbia and The Invisible. Both were good.

Except for the opening scene of Disturbia. It features a devastating car accident. I'd seen it once before and was still just as shocked the second time.
Why? My greatest fear is being in a horrible car accident.
Why? Because I've had too many friends die in them. 3 years ago J's brother was in an accident with his best friend and he was the driver; his friend John was killed. 1 year ago- Three friends, weeks from graduating died in a car accident after losing control and side-swiping another friend at a turn. The thing that sucked so badly about this was the last time I had seen them was at a New Years Eve party where a speech about living life to the fullest in 2006 was important because you never know how long you have. Today- a guy I knew in middle school was killed in an accident. I've also been in a pretty scary one with my brother once before. Imagine you're driving a yellow bug, lose control and spin 4 times into a tree.
It seems silly to be so afraid, but everyone has irrational fears.

2 comments:

Kris said...

I had one or two dreams once where I'm in the car when it gets hit. The first dream was me and some other people driving down a dark, curvy, mountain road. The weird, scary part was that it was very, very real. And in slow-motion. In the second dream my mom and I are driving and a train hits us. To this day I always look both ways at train tracks!

Em said...

oh wow! I have this dream all the time about being in the back seat of a car with my parents and we get in a wreck and my dad is decapitated and I wake up with the head in my lap. I think I saw this in a movie or something as a child because it still scares the crap out of me.