Sunday, July 15, 2007

Selling of a loose knit dream

A good weekend with good friends leaves Em a happy girl!

It was a good weekend. A chance to relax for two days and forget about work.
Shopping, Good Conversation, Good Laughs, Drive-Ins, Movies, Dinners, swimming, running, catching, knitting, playing, driving, resting-- ALL FANTASTIC
I haven't laughed that hard all summer.
Being here and sort of socially cut off from even my best friends has been unique but difficult.
6 more weeks and I can go back for good.
It was what I needed to allow myself to say "It's okay to let go and give up."
I'm just tired. It's not worth the wonder and confusion anymore. To watch someone treat me completely different from what I'm used to is insane. I feel like if I'm going to try and take things in life less seriously, this is a major step. It'll work itself out eventually.
I'm going to step back, concentrate on other things and do what I'm supposed to be doing. And I feel fine about it!

2 comments:

Shambhu said...

"Shopping, Good Conversation, Good Laughs, Drive-Ins, Movies, Dinners, swimming, running, catching, knitting, playing, driving, resting-- ALL FANTASTIC"-You did it all!

"That all sounds so good, but it also sounds like bullshit."- You'll probably range between both mind sets until eventually you'll reach an equalibrium between both. Something wise Buddah is credited with saying is, "The pendulum swings both ways before it comes to rest in the middle."

Kris said...

You're awesome and I'm really gald you came :)