Monday, June 4, 2007

Singled Out

Got to be some more change in my life...







The weekend flew by, and I feel like I am bursting at the seams with things to say here, but have no idea where to start.

We'll start with Disturbia. The beginning of that movie freaked me out like none other. I don't want to spoil it, but I'll just say-- dying in a tragic car accident, or being in one where someone dies and I live-- is my greatest fear. It's not the dying part that scares the hell out of me. It's the idea of dying slowly and painfully, or dealing with the loss of someone.

This weekend I bought a quilt for my bed in the apartment in the fall. We went to First Monday in Canton, and I rreeeeallly wanted a handmade quilt, but everything they were selling that was old and handmade had been damaged too badly, so I bought a new one from 'Quilt Land'. I am so excited about it! It's totally going to be what my entire room's decor is centered around. I have all these ideas and items I want to find and make for the room itself. Doing this gives me purpose, other than working and studying.


Do you think that if you don't touch anyone for a while, it starts to freak you out? Or when you have someone that you usually have some kind of contact with from day to day, and suddenly that touch that had become so regular for you is ripped away and you begin to miss it. I miss a lot of things this summer that I was taking for granted when I had them. And it's wearing me down.


There are days when nothing surrounding you can fully satisy your need to be active, and there are days when being locked in a pitch black empty room just laying there doing absolutely nothing seems to sound best.

I didn't have as much to say as I thought. Things are too mixed up to clearly get anything down now.

2 comments:

Kris said...

stay occupied, be with people, don't think. being away from people you love who offer comfort is crazy hard, but it's not so bad if you're not thinking about it. it's what i try to do :( don't let the missing ruin your summer, bacause it can and will.

i'm so happy to find another journal connaisseur! i'm thinking of making some by hand, in fact.

and yes, the whole lubbock family needs to reunite. i miss all the laughing :)

Shambhu said...

I've been suprised in the past by the feeling of, loss of touch when I've been used to regular contact. It definitely has a mournful feel.